Tuesday, August 30, 2005

What is this all about??

My Mood: Club Bored
I am listening to: “Unbreakable” by Alicia Keys
I am reading: “The Interruption of Everything” by Terry McMillan

HELLO WORLD!! I have FINALLY jumped on the blogging craze. For those who may not be familiar with the whole blogging concept, check out:
http://help.blogger.com/bin/answer.py?answer=36&topic=16

Basically, I'm going to use my blogging space just to share random thoughts on hot topics of the day was well as issues that may be of interest to those 30-somethings out there who may be going into, coming out of or are right in the middle of the whole quarter-life crisis.

Yes, I do believe that we will all experience this sometime during our late 20's/early 30's. It's a time when you start to question your own existence...trying to figure out what you are suppose to be doing in this world. I was just telling a friend that we were 'conditioned' to think that we all should aim to climb that corporate ladder...break the glass ceiling. Well I have decided that is not the route that I want to take! The 9 - 5 is not what I want anymore.

And no, I do not know what I want...just what I don't want. What else can you expect from someone in the middle of their Quarter-Life Crisis!!!???

Anyway, I will be posting regularly and hope that you will read and POST as well. There are no rules here, but just keep in mind that my blog is open to the public.

Feel free to forward this to any Buppies (Black Urban Professionals) who may also be interested in reading and posting here.

If you have some hot topics that may be of interest to my audience, let me know and I will think about kicking off a discussion...lol

Check back in a few, I will be sharing some thoughts about Hurricane Katrina.

TTFN!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

JOIN THE CROWD! I left the traditional 9 to 5 world last year and after being broke as hell trying to fulfill my dreams for a year...I gotta go back...at least for a minute to get my finances together. DO NOT LEAVE THE 9 to 5 (benefits, insurance, steady paycheck, use of company materials-lol) to follow your dreams UNLESS you have savings!!!!! Take it from someone who knows!

I DO know what I want to do....it just isn't going to happen over night. And I also know what I DON'T want...but right now...that corporate 9 to 5 is going to help me get closer to what I want. The thing to remember is that you CANNOT BECOME COMPLACENT and get comfortable in your cubical....or you'll never leave. TRUST ME!!! kkm

10:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're almost forced to become complacent and comfortable at the corporate 9 to 5 even if you dont like what you're doing and dont have the passion for it. Everyday you see yourself dragging into work, being bored throughout the day with nothing to do and no excitement for what you're doing. But because its a good job, and is a steady pay check and is what we're trained to accept, you can lose focus of your dreams and the motivation to do what you really want to be doing. Its like you want to leave but you know you cant, but because working takes so much of your time, its hard to really put the time and effort into thinking about anything else you may want to do. Its just a catch 22

11:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home