Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Bags On Wheels


My Mood: Irritated
What I’m Listening To: The hip-hop music this is blasting from someone else’s earphone
What I’m reading: Nothing, going to get a new book from the book man on the corner during lunch…any suggestions??


As a daily DC Metro rider, I always thought that the folks who pulled around those little bags on wheels were nerve-racking. Some people have gone above and beyond...they don't just pull the backpacks on wheels or the laptop bags on wheels. Some have bought out their travel luggage on wheels, for daily use....pathetic.

On my current work assignment, I am required to bring my laptop in everyday. I have a widescreen, so it is rather heavy to carry and has began to affect my shoulder and back. I also carry a purse and another bag with just everyday junk in it. I always look like I'm struggling…a true ‘bag lady’.

Anyway, I had to finally jump on the bandwagon and get a 'wheelie bag' to drag all my stuff around without all of the strain on my back.

I was sitting on the train this morning, wondering if I had become a part of a large problem and nuisance.
So far, I have had two people that were running to get on a train trip over the bag.
I can only sit in certain seats on the train now because my bag is too large to fit on the floor at my feet. If I do sit in a seat that is not at the front of the row, I am forced to place my bag in the isle, and people always trip over it.
I still have not figured out how to use the wheelie on the escalator...should I place it in front of me, behind me, beside me?

With the increasing number of wheelie bags, I'm sure that some wheelie bag etiquette or protocol needs to be created.

For those who are new to driving their wheelies, perhaps we need to place bumper stickers on our bags, like the ones the student drivers use..."Student Wheelie". Perhaps that would alert people to proceed with caution around us and to keep the sighs and nasty looks to themselves and to exhibit a little patience.

I am also wondering…will the vibrations from rolling over the sidewalks and other surfaces affect my laptop....hmmm.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home