Sunday, January 14, 2007

A Fast End to the FAST

With all of the hype surrounding Dream Girls, I decided to start 2007 off by trying to drop 20 lbs in 2 weeks like Beyonce. Supposedly, she completed the Master Cleanse (Lemonade Diet, Lemonade Fast, etc). I had been thinking about trying this for a while, but I was afraid of how it would taste. The taste wasn’t bad, but what maybe me quit after less than 2 full days, which the mental game. Even though I wasn’t super hungry, we have all gotten used to eating and chewing everyday….not just drinking. On my first night, I attended an event where Subway sandwiches were served. Now I was really strong and didn’t have any, but mentally I was WEAK. I sat there and watched a friend put mayo on her sub, and it was like she was moving in SLOW motion…tempting me….LOL No lie, that night I dreamed about Subway sandwiches. The crazy thing is, I don’t even eat Subway like that…LOL

The next day, it seemed like I stayed confused most of the day and eventually got physically weak. The issue was that I wasn’t drinking enough of the lemonade mixture, which did have the calories, etc to keep me going. Later that evening, I had a meeting and the entire time, I felt like I couldn’t get my thoughts together. I was weak and jittery and my stomach was KILLING me. If you know anything about the Master Cleanse, you know why….lol.

Anyway, after I left that meeting, I decided that I wasn’t mentally ready. I drove to CVS as fast and I could and bought some crackers. I know that I must have looked like a drug fiend because I couldn’t even wait until I got out of the parking lot before I started stuffing crackers into my mouth….LOL…what a sight!

I do want to try this again, but I definitely have to get my mind right for it. It was no joke!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home