Wednesday, October 12, 2005

I want 2006 to be all about ME

My Mood: HYPED! I'm getting a caffeine high off of this ice tea from the Firehook Bakery

I’m Listening To: Alicia Keys Unplugged – The BOMB

I’m Reading: ‘A Mighty Love’ and ‘Bachelorette Blues’ (No I am not blue or depressed, this is just the name of the novel)


Why do I feel guilty when I don't blog everyday?...lol I promise to do better going forward. I was sitting here doing a personal year-end review of 2005 and the last few years really. I can't remember too much about 2003...I guess that's because I was in my carefree 20's. I remember 2004 being the absolute year from hell, no exaggeration. The year started with me getting laid off from work and went down hill from there. That is also when this whole quarter-life crisis started.

I ended the year by cutting off all of my hair. I guess that was my way to cleanse myself of all of the negative memories of 2004. BE GONE!

2005 definitely got better as far as my outlook and limited setbacks. It seems that I spent most of they year trying to help others...only to get BURNED in the end, each time. When will I realize that everybody does not want, appreciate or even NEED my help (as I have been told several times in recent months)?? I guess it takes getting burned a few times before it will actually sink in. Just like when you have to let a child feel the heat before they realize that the stove is actually hot. For the remainder of this year and in 2006, I will be wearing very thick gloves, to protect myself and my interest.

I was bitter about a few of the situations at first, but now my approach will be to only offer assistance to those who seek it and are sincere about it. No need to waste my time and resources when they are not wanted.

I'm actually kind of proud of the way I have handled some of these situations...perhaps I did some growing up this year.

Still not letting my grow back though….lol

Now….I want 2006 to be all about ME!

2 Comments:

Blogger Ross said...

Paulo loves you.

~Paulo

12:36 PM  
Blogger ramblingmuse said...

Hey,

I hear ya. Been reading your blog time to time and I can really relate! I look forward to reading all about the year of you! :-)

2:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home